Monday, May 11, 2009

Uncle David remembers

I bring back memories of Andre as a small boy coming with his 'big' sister Dani and his little cousins Derek and Uri, on an outing with us to the Zoo and when we got there the keeper said "so you've come back have you, you little monkey". As Tanya said at the funeral [of a friend recently]: "Only a sense of humour will keep me going" So I allowed myself this little aside. I love to remember my all too few memories of Andre. Andre crying after a minor, but frightening car accident at the Bunny Park in Benoni. Andre playing with his cousins in our garden in Sandringham. And the houseproud Andre showing me around his and Maggie's apartment in Kensington. In a north London pub, Andre who brought me a Lager after asking how was my Ale and I told him it tasted like piss. Always sweet, sensitive, and so intelligent. Even after 10 years a star missing from my firmament.

with love
David

No comments:

Post a Comment