Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Watering the Garden

Much to my annoyance, Toby usually buries his bones. This morning, as I was watering the garden, I noticed a carefully-placed bone at the base of Andre's vine. It's hard to see exactly where the vine starts since there's now also a Yew growing there, presumably courtesy of a visiting bird who must have deposited a fertile seed on that spot (is that how it works?). But anyway that is where I spotted it.

I'm not sure if it's a question of Toby finally understanding that bone-burying is not acceptable, or that he has some other reason for meticulously placing it in that particular spot at this particular point in time. Either way he's not telling.

3 comments:

  1. Toby or not Toby? That is the question.
    Don't have any answers but it sure does make one wonder. I love that the vine was planted on mother's day.
    Thank you Mags xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...meant to add that the video is a wonderfully personal touch! I've been thinking about Toby's bone offering. It's all very moving, really. Clever Toby! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's all thanks to Andre really, he would have been a truly unruly pooch had it not been for him...

    ReplyDelete